GEAR UP for Parents
The Delta GEAR UP Parent Involvement program is
designed to educate families on how important it is for them to be a
part of their child's education. The program also provides parents with
information and skills that can be utilized by both themselves and their
children during the college preparation process.
What does GEAR UP do for Parents?
- Increase involvement of GEAR UP parents with the secondary
- Increases parents' understanding of their rights and
responsiblities within the educational system.
- Increases parental involvement to enhance the academic
achievement and performance of all students.
- Increases parents' knowledge of higher education options and
resources for paying for college.
- Familiarizes parents with all phases of the college preparation
- Connect parents with resources that can assist them with
overcoming nonacademic barriers to eduational advancement.
When PARENTS get involved, students:
- Make better grades, test scores are higher
- Better school attendance
- Have a higher self-esteem
- Fewer discipline problems
- Higher graduation rate
To get involved:
Contact the Delta GEAR UP
Parent and Partner Involvement Coordinator:
Ms. Faye Coleman
111 T & I Building
870-338-6474 ext. 1318