NA Admission Criteria
Students may be admitted to the Nursing Assistant Program (NA) every summer. Students who wish to be considered for enrollment in the Nursing Assistant Program must meet the following criteria:
- Fulfill all college admission requirements.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Submit official high school transcript documenting graduation from high school or official Arkansas High School Diploma/GED certificate to the Registrar’s Office.
- Document a minimum 2.0 cumulative grade point average in all courses taken at PCCUA.
- Provide SAT, ACT, ACCUPLACER, scores taken within the last 4 years that meet the minimum skill level in reading, math, and English or have an 8th grade reading level on the TABE test.
- Students who speak English as a second language must also take the ESL Accuplacer exam to prove proficiency in English. The following scores are required in each category:
- Listening: A minimum score of 106
- Reading: A minimum score of 116
- WritePlacer ESL: A minimum score of 5
- Students who meet the minimum criteria may enroll for NA courses. Enrollment is first-come, first-served until the class is filled.