Division of Business & Information Systems
The Division of Business and Information Systems offers a variety of associate degree and certificate programs in computer and office technologies. The Division maintains state-of-the-art computer labs and offers courses and workshops in business management, computer applications, and office skills.
In support of the college mission, the purpose of the Division of Business and Information Systems is to provide quality educational programs consistent with the needs of the community. To accomplish this, the Division:
- Provides career programs to equip students with job skills and competencies needed to secure employment.
- Offers a program of study designed for students who plan to transfer to a four-year college or university to pursue a baccalaureate degree in a business discipline.
- Provides businesses and the working professional opportunities to upgrade existing business skills.
- Encourages effective communication, cultural diversity, social and civic responsibility, critical thinking, mathematical reasoning, and technology utilization through assessment of students and academic programs.
- Stresses the development of skills for life-long learning.
As a result of the studies of courses in the Division's curriculum, the students will be able to demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Social and Civic Responsibility
Demonstrate a legal/ethical behavior that is appropriate for the business professional in today's society.
- Technology Utilization
Demonstrate the ability to use computer technology.
- Analytical & Critical Thinking
Analyze, interpret and evaluate data necessary to solve problems and support business decisions.
Communicate effectively in a written or oral manner in the business environment.
- Cultural Awareness
Acknowledge diverse groups of individuals possessing different beliefs, values, attitudes, and customs.
Degrees and Certificates
The Associate of Arts degree in Business Administration is designed for students who plan to transfer to a four-year institution to earn a baccalaureate degree in one of the various fields of business administration including accounting, finance, management, and marketing.
This two-year degree program is designed to provide students with the understanding and knowledge necessary for managing people and functions. Students can be employed in career areas such as purchasing, public relations, retailing, and operations.
This two-year degree program is designed for persons who seek employment in the field of Information Systems Technology. This degree program enables students to master computer skills and to gain experience in information processing, networking, and software technology for the fast-changing business climate. Information Systems Technology is also an excellent choice for those who desire to increase their knowledge and update their computer skills.
This two-year degree program is designed to prepare students for clerical positions in a wide range of business or medical offices. Emphasis is placed on document processing, records management, accounting, basic skills, and office procedures. This program is intended for students who are beginning a career in office technology as well as for those already employed who wish to upgrade their office skills.
Business programs are accredited by
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
7007 College Boulevard, Suite 420
Overland Park, KS 66211