Financial Aid | Scholarships

Financial Aid

Phillips Community College was founded on the belief in equal opportunity, the ideal of making the benefit of a community college education available to all, regardless of an individual’s financial need. Financial Aid consists of grants, college work-study, scholarships and loans.

Apply for financial aid as early as possible. Call the Helena-West Helena campus at (870) 338-6474, ext. 1258 or the DeWitt campus at (870) 946-3506 or the Stuttgart campus at (870) 673-4201 for a financial aid packet. When you have completed your financial aid packet, bring it by one of our campuses or mail it to P.O. Box 785, Helena, AR 72342-0785.

Financial Need: Financial aid is awarded to students who show financial need and who are maintaining satisfactory progress as defined by the institution. To be eligible for financial aid you must:  1) Be a U.S. Citizen, 2) Have a high school diploma or GED or pass the Compass Test; 3) Have financial need.

To apply for financial aid, complete the following steps:


Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Financial Aid (FAFSA). These are available at all three campuses. Students may also apply online at www.fafsa.ed.govThe financial aid worksheet form will assist you in completing the on-line form: 2013-2014 Worksheet.  

Click here to apply for Federal Aid Free!
The PCCUA School Code is: 001104

In completing the FAFSA, you will need your and/or parents previous year 1040 Tax return, proof of social security earnings, disability income, unemployment, etc.

A dependent student would provide both the student's earnings (if any) and also the parent's earnings.

An independent student would need only to show the student and spouse (if any) earnings.

2. Return the FAFSA to the Helena-West Helena campus for electronic processing. (For Arkansas County, return the FAFSA to the DeWitt or Stuttgart campus for processing.
3. You will receive notification in the mail of the status of your financial aid within two to three weeks.
4. If you are attending PCCUA classes for the first time and you are eligible to receive federal financial aid, you will need to submit the following information:
  • a copy of your high school transcript OR a copy of your most recent college academic transcript;

  • a completed financial aid Student Data Form (available on all campuses).

  • If Eligible for Financial Aid:

    If you are eligible for financial aid, you will receive an Award Letter from the PCCUA Helena-West Helena campus financial aid office; PCCUA staff will submit your awards form to the Business office.

    If the amount of the award letter is greater than the cost of tuition and books, the balance is paid to you in two payments.

    Remember: Students who totally withdraw from all of their classes may be required to repay federal dollars.

    Need Assistance? If you need help with your college finances, we offer scholarships, grants, and other financial assistance. Many students and families are pleasantly surprised to find that they are eligible for financial aid.

    DeWitt Campus Helena-West Helena Campus Stuttgart Campus
    Glenda Allen Elizabeth Zink Toni Carter
    (870) 946-3506, ext. 1607 (870) 338-6474, ext. 1161 (870) 673-4201, ext. 1822

    Other Financial Assistance:

    Workforce Improvement Grant (sponsored by AR Department of Higher Education) is designed to assist non-traditional students, at least 24 years of age and older; not Pell eligible or who may be eligible for a small amount; full-time or part-time status; must complete FAFSA.  For more information, contact the financial aid office.

    Career Pathways (sponsored by ADHE) Qualified applicants must be a parent or legal guardian of a child under 21 years of age; must be receiving Transitional Employment Assistance (TEA) now, or have received TEA in the past; be receiving food stamps, Medicaid, or ARKids; have earnings that fall below 250% of the federal poverty guidelines. Helena students contact Deborah Gentry at (870) 338-6474, ext. 1081 or dgentry@pccua.eduDewitt/Stuttgart students contact Gracie Jemerson at (870) 673-4201, ext. 1886, or

    Federal Resources was designed by students for students and features first-person accounts of students who overcame challenges to going to college such as peer pressure, lack of family support, and financial barriers.  It provides relevant comprehensive information about why to go, how to go, and how to pay for college and other postsecondary education programs.  Young people who may not have considered higher education a viable option will be engaged, informed, and inspired to create their own "roadmap" to college.

    State of Arkansas Scholarships- Complete the universal application provided by the Arkansas Department of Higher Education (ADHE).  Find the application at

    IDA (Individual Development Account)- Participating banks work with low income families in a savings program to pay for higher education needs such as tuition, books, and personal computer. For information, contact: Mindy Maupin at (870) 816-1104.

    Vocational Rehabilitation- Assistance is provided to qualifying students based on physical or emotional handicaps.  Helena students contact (870) 338-2753. DeWitt/Stuttgart students contact: (870) 534-2404.

    Workforce Investment Act- (WIA) Qualifying students may be eligible for assistance with tuition, fees, and books.  Helena students contact: (870) 338-2710. Arkansas County students contact; (870) 673-2802.

    Financial Aid Forms:

    Title IV Code of Conduct (pdf) The Title IV Code Of Conduct is a federal mandated requirement and reflects PCCUA’s compliance with HEA section 487 (a)(25).  

    2013-2014 Student Data Form (pdf):

    2013-2014 Verification Worksheet (pdf):

    Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeals Form:

    Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy:


    Many scholarships require that the FAFSA be completed,
    so complete the application even if you think you may be denied!


    Application Packet (Includes Scholarship and Admission Application PDF)

    Phillips Community College offers a variety of scholarships to students.

    Click for additional GRP scholarship information

    Arkansas or Phillips County high school graduates are eligible for the Great River Promise. Students who meet the stated criteria will be able to attend Phillips Community College with college tuition and mandatory fees paid.

    Chancellor’s Scholarship

    (six awarded each year)

    This scholarship pays $1,000 each fall and spring, and full tuition for summer session for two consecutive years. Requirements are:  25 ACT composite; first time, full-time student; 3.0 cumulative GPA and full-time status per semester required to maintain scholarship. For an application: Application_Packet_Documents

    Academic Excellence Scholarships

    This scholarship pays full tuition each fall, spring and summer session for two consecutive years. Requirements are:  23 ACT composite; first time, full-time student. A minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA and full-time status per semester are required to maintain scholarship. For an application: Application_Packet_Documents

    Technical Achievement


    This scholarship pays full tuition each fall, spring and summer session for two consecutive years. Requirements are: 23 ACT composite or 3.0 GPA in high school technical curriculum; first time, full-time student; student must enroll in a technical program. A minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA and full-time status per semester are required to maintain scholarship. For an application: Application_Packet_Documents                                         

    Foundation scholarships

    Available to students from the generous support of community donors, these scholarships are available for students who are majoring in specific fields. For more information about all scholarships, call Stephanie Arnold at (870) 338-6474, ext. 1240 or stop by the Scholarship Office in the Administration Building of the Helena-West Helena campus. In Arkansas County, students can contact Glenda Allen at (870) 946-3506, ext. 1607 in DeWitt or Toni Carter at (870) 673-4201, ext. 1822 in Stuttgart for more information on this and all financial aid matters.

    Single Parent Family Scholarship

    (sponsored by Arkansas & Phillips County organizations)

    This provides financial assistance to single parents who are pursuing a course of instruction, which will improve their income-earning potential. Scholarships may be used for tuition, books, utility bills, car maintenance, child care, etc. For more information contact: Helena-West Helena Campus: Lynn (870) 338-6474, ext. 1235; DeWitt Campus: Glenda (870) 946-3506, ext. 1607; Stuttgart Campus: Toni (870) 673-4201, ext. 1822.

    Please note: Tuition scholarship amounts are calculated at in-district rates.

    DeWitt Campus, (870) 946-3506  Helena-West Helena Campus,  (870) 338-6474   Stuttgart Campus (870) 673-4201
    Street Address:
    PCCUA Helena, Campus Drive, Helena-West Helena AR 72342| PCCUA DeWitt, 1210 Rice Belt Ave, DeWitt AR 72042| PCCUA Stuttgart, 2807 Hwy 165 South, Stuttgart, AR  72160-2408