ASSIGNMENT FOUR: April 9
Go to the following links and read the materials. The Response Questions for these topics are below. These materials will be on the second exam April 9- 14
Guidelines for reading/note taking:
After reading the materials on the topic pages answer the Response Questions.
FORMAT OF THE RESPONSE QUESTION :
1.The response will be a minimum of 350 words.
7. Send your work as a single document in the Blackboard Assignment link.
8. There is a five (
5) point penalty for late work. Work will not be accepted two ( 2) days after
the date due.
EVALUATION OF THE RESPONSE QUESTIONS:
1. It will be graded upon the
content ( your understanding of the question, your analysis and synthesis of the
materials and discussion )
Select two of the following Response Questions: Due April 9 ( Tues.12:00 noon)
1. Describe life in Arkansas during the Civil War.
2. Living in East Arkansas I think of Arkansas as a Southern state yet from its beginning it was a Western territory. Describe those things which made Arkansas a Southern state.
3. Describe the major battles (Pea Ridge, Helena, Little Rock and one or two others) the commanders, the results of the battles and the result of the battles on the cause of the Union or the cause of the Confederacy.
4. Describe the role of the Freedmen's Bureau: be sure to incorporate W.E.B. DuBois's essay in your discussion.
5. What was Reconstruction? (both Presidential and Congressional), how did? or did it change the South and Arkansas?
6. Summarize the article on Jeff Davis of Arkansas. "A Study in Southern Demagoguery: Jeff Davis of Arkansas." ( the one in the Arkansas Historical Quarterly