Financial Aid


Click For Scholarships & Other Information

To apply for financial aid, complete the following steps:


Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Financial Aid (FAFSA). These are available at all three campuses. Students may also apply online at www.fafsa.ed.govThe financial aid worksheet form will assist you in completing the on-line form: 2013-2014.  

Click here to apply for Federal Aid Free!
The PCCUA School Code is: 001104

In completing the FAFSA, you will need your and/or parents previous year 1040 Tax return, proof of social security earnings, disability income, unemployment, etc.

A dependent student would provide both the student's earnings (if any) and also the parent's earnings.

An independent student would need only to show the student and spouse (if any) earnings.

2. Return the FAFSA to the Helena-West Helena campus for electronic processing. (For Arkansas County, return the FAFSA to the DeWitt or Stuttgart campus for processing.
3. You will receive notification in the mail of the status of your financial aid within two to three weeks.
4. If you are attending PCCUA classes for the first time and you are eligible to receive federal financial aid, you will need to submit the following information:
  • a copy of your high school transcript OR a copy of your most recent college academic transcript;

  • a completed financial aid Student Data Form (available on all campuses).

  • If Eligible for Financial Aid:

    If you are eligible for financial aid, you will receive an Award Letter from the PCCUA Helena-West Helena campus financial aid office; PCCUA staff will submit your awards form to the Business office.

    If the amount of the award letter is greater than the cost of tuition and books, the balance is paid to you in two payments.

    Remember: Students who totally withdraw from all of their classes may be required to repay federal dollars.

    Need Assistance? If you need help with your college finances, we offer scholarships, grants, and other financial assistance. Many students and families are pleasantly surprised to find that they are eligible for financial aid.

    DeWitt Campus Helena-West Helena Campus Stuttgart Campus
    Glenda Allen Elizabeth Zink Toni Carter
    (870) 946-3506, ext. 1607 (870) 338-6474, ext. 1161 (870) 673-4201, ext. 1822

    Other Financial Assistance:

    Workforce Improvement Grant (sponsored by AR Department of Higher Education) is designed to assist non-traditional students, at least 24 years of age and older; not Pell eligible or who may be eligible for a small amount; full-time or part-time status; must complete FAFSA.  For more information, contact the financial aid office.

    Career Pathways (sponsored by ADHE) Qualified applicants must be a parent or legal guardian of a child under 21 years of age; must be receiving Transitional Employment Assistance (TEA) now, or have received TEA in the past; be receiving food stamps, Medicaid, or ARKids; have earnings that fall below 250% of the federal poverty guidelines. Helena students contact Vickie Gregory at (870) 338-6474, ext. 1164 or Dewitt/Stuttgart students contact Gracie Jemerson at (870) 673-4201, ext. 1886, or

    Federal Resources was designed by students for students and features first-person accounts of students who overcame challenges to going to college such as peer pressure, lack of family support, and financial barriers.  It provides relevant comprehensive information about why to go, how to go, and how to pay for college and other postsecondary education programs.  Young people who may not have considered higher education a viable option will be engaged, informed, and inspired to create their own "roadmap" to college.

    State of Arkansas Scholarships- Complete the universal application provided by the Arkansas Department of Higher Education (ADHE).  Find the application at

    IDA (Individual Development Account)- Participating banks work with low income families in a savings program to pay for higher education needs such as tuition, books, and personal computer. For information, contact: Mindy Maupin at (870) 816-1104.

    Vocational Rehabilitation- Assistance is provided to qualifying students based on physical or emotional handicaps.  Helena students contact (870) 338-2753. DeWitt/Stuttgart students contact: (870) 534-2404.

    Workforce Investment Act- (WIA) Qualifying students may be eligible for assistance with tuition, fees, and books.  Helena students contact: (870) 338-2710. Arkansas County students contact; (870) 673-2802.


    Scholarships & Other Information