Core Competencies - STACC
All students receiving an Associate’s Degree from PCCUA will possess the following STACC core competencies:
- Social and Civic Responsibility- Demonstrate adherence to legal/ethical standards established by society.
- Technology Utilization-Use tools of the trade to achieve a specific outcome.
- Analytical and Critical Thinking- Display reasoning including analyzing data, evaluating alternatives, setting priorities, and predicting outcomes.
- Communication-Engage in the interactive process through which there is an exchange of verbal and/or nonverbal information.
- Cultural Awareness-Acknowledge that society is diverse with groups of individuals possessing differing beliefs, values, attitudes, and customs that are shared from one generation to the next.