What does GEAR UP do for Parents?
- Increase involvement of GEAR UP parents with the secondary educational system.
- Increases parents' understanding of their rights and responsiblities within the educational system.
- Increases parental involvement to enhance the academic achievement and performance of all students.
- Increases parents' knowledge of higher education options and resources for paying for college.
- Familiarizes parents with all phases of the college preparation process.
- Connect parents with resources that can assist them with overcoming nonacademic barriers to eduational advancement.
When PARENTS get involved, students:
- Make better grades, test scores are higher
- Better school attendance
- Have a higher self-esteem
- Fewer discipline problems
- Higher graduation rate
To get involved:
Contact the Delta GEAR UP
Parent and Partner Involvement Coordinator: