ADN Readmission Requirements
- Readmission to the nursing program is not guaranteed.
- The number of unfilled spaces for each class will be determined by availability of faculty and clinical facilities.
- Students who apply for readmission are those who previously enrolled in a nursing course at PCCUA, but failed to progress to the next level (W, EW, or failing grade) or those who successfully completed nursing courses, but separated from the program for one (1) year or less.
- Students admitted for the first time to the Associate Degree Nursing program are allowed a maximum of one (1) readmission to the program. No required nursing course may be repeated more than one (1) time.
- Applications for readmission are available from the ADN program Administrative Assistant located on the Helena-West Helena campus.
- Applications for readmission are accepted after December 1st for the following fall semester and after May 1st for the following spring semester. No late applications will be accepted.
- Applicants will not be considered for readmission unless their Exit Interview is on file. A current health statement, proof of current immunizations, and a TB skin test must be on file in the Nursing Department. A current American Heart Association Basic Life Support CPR card that remains current throughout enrollment in Levels I, II, III, and IV is on file. Electronic recertification will not be accepted.
- Since a limited number of spaces may be available for readmission, the date and time of receipt in the Nursing Department office on the Helena-West Helena campus will be noted on each application.
- Following application, students applying for readmission will be ranked according to the following criteria:
- Numerical average of the nursing course at the time of separation
- When the student does not have a numerical average at the time of separation from the nursing course, the student will be given a 79.00 for ranking purposes.
- Students will be ranked for readmission from the highest numerical average to the lowest numerical average for the required nursing course.
- When two or more applicants have equal numerical averages, priority for readmission will be given to applicants according to the date and time the application was received in the Nursing Department office on the Helena-West Helena campus.
- The Drug Dosage Calculation Exam is a prerequisite for students seeking readmission to Levels II, III, and IV. Exam times will be posted on the Program Information Webpage. A maximum of three (3) opportunities are offered to score 90% or above on the exam. Only a basic calculator with the capacity to add, subtract, multiply, and divide can be used. No calculators with advanced functions are allowed. Any missed exam will be counted as a fail. Applicants who fail to score a minimum of 90% on the Drug Dosage Calculation Exam will not be eligible for enrollment.
- Demonstration of skill competency is a pre-requisite for students seeking readmission to Levels II, III, and IV. Skill competency evaluation times will be posted on the Program Information Webpage. A maximum of two (2) opportunities will be offered to demonstrate competency. Any missed skill competency evaluation will be counted as a "fail". Applicants who fail to demonstrate skill competency will not be eligible for enrollment.
- Students meeting readmission criteria will be admitted in a 1 to 1 ratio with applicants seeking advanced placement in Level II until either group or available space is exhausted. Remaining space(s) will be filled from the non-exhausted group.
- Applicants not selected for readmission, or who elect not to re-enroll, must repeat the entire application process to enter the next Level I admission cohort.
- Applicants will be notified of admission status at least one (1) week before regular fall or spring registration.
- Readmitted students are ineligible to pre-register for nursing courses and must register for these courses during regular registration.
- Rare exceptions to the Readmission Policy may be made by the Promotion and Graduation Committee.
Drug Dosage Calculation Exam Dates
The Drug Dosage Calculation Exam will be given to all students seeking readmission to Level III in the fall of 2021 on the following date:
Level III HWH and Stuttgart Readmission Applicants
- Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 10:00 a.m.
- Room 106 for Level III HWH and STG students on the HWH campus
If any applicant seeking readmission fails the first Drug Dosage Calculation Exam on Thursday, May 6, 2021, the applicant will meet with the respective faculty administering the exam immediately after the first exam to schedule the second testing date and time. If the applicant fails the second Drug Dosage Calculation Exam on the date scheduled, the applicant will meet with the faculty administering the exam immediately after the second exam to schedule the third testing date and time.
Readmission Skill Demonstration Test Dates
The Skill Demonstration Test will be given to all HWH and Stuttgart students seeking readmission to Level III in the fall of 2021 Immediately after the Drug Dosage Calculation Exam on Thursday, May 6, 2021.
If the applicant fails the first Skill Demonstration Test on Thursday, May 6, 2021 the applicant will meet with the faculty immediately after the first test to schedule the second testing date and time.