Practical Nursing Program
Interesting Facts About Practical Nurses
- Employment of licensed practical nurses from 2016-2026 is projected to increase 12%.
- 92.4% of licensed practical nurses are female and 7.6% male.
- Average, full-time employment salary in Arkansas is $38,180.
- Licensed practical nurses work in many settings, including nursing homes and extended care facilities, hospitals, physicians’ offices, and private homes. Most work full time.
- https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes292061.htm#nat (May 2017)
- https://minoritynurse.com/nursing-statistics/ (2019)
Students are admitted to the Practical Nursing Program (PN) every third semester on the Helena-West Helena and DeWitt campuses. The next cohort will be admitted in the fall of 2019.
PN Mission, Program Outcomes, and End-of-Program Student Learning Outcomes
PN Program Information
PN Admission Criteria
PN Alternate Admission
PN Program Textbook Requirements
PN Committee Meetings
Gainful Employment Information