The PCCUA Commercial Driving License (CDL) Certiricate of Proficiency program, located on the Stuttgart and Helena campuses, prepares and trains new drivers with the skills and knowledge needed to pass the state skills test and obtain a Class “A” CDL license. The program incorporates driving, non-driving, and basic skills needed to drive a truck. The CDL course provides students with a comprehensive understanding of safe and effective truck driving practices related to FMCSA regulations and truck driver protection laws.
Upon completion of the Certificate of Proficiency CDL Program, students will be able to:
- Complete pre-trip inspections;
- Demonstrate cargo securement;
- Drive safely in a variety of road conditions;
- Demonstrate proficiency in coupling and uncoupling;
- Demonstrate proficiency in shifting and backing skills; and
- Obtain a CDL.
For more information, contact:
Phone: (870) 673-4201, Ext. 1807
Professional Advisor/Disabilities Coordinator
Phone: (870) 673-4201, Ext. 1809