The HVAC program is Certificate of Proficiency designed to prepare students to work with HVAC Systems. The program includes industrial electricity, industrial safety and sanitation, basic blueprint reading, and the basic laws of thermodynamics and thermodynamic cycles. Concepts of heat transfer and applications of heating, ventilating, and air conditioning.
Upon completion of the Certificate of Proficiency in HVAC Program, students will be able to:
- Apply safe working practices;
- Apply principals used to install air conditioning, heat pumps, furnaces, and system controls;
- Recognize and apply components of air distribution system;
- Diagnose problems related to electrical, heating, and air systems;
- Problem solve/trouble shoot electrical, heating, and air systems;
- Use tools required for electrical, heat and air system installation, testing, and repair;
- Apply basic service and customer service skills related to HVAC work; and
- Apply basic skills of energy management.
Graphic Communications Instructor/Director of Printing Services
Helena-West Helena Campus
Phone: (870) 338-6474, Ext. 1122