The PCCUA Welding program prepares students for the world of work. Students enrolling in this program acquire skills needed and are provided with a complete OSHA approved safety orientation and practice in welding training booths. PCCUA instructors make sure students have a great learning experience and hands-on training in a variety of welding procedures including:
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW).
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (TIG/MIG).
- Pipe Welding
- Inert Gas Welding
Day and Night Welding Classes Available!
The Technical Certificate in Welding has three Certificates of Proficiency embedded in the program:
Upon completion of the Technical Certificate in Welding Program, students will be able to:
- Discuss and apply proper safety standards in welding processes;
- Recognize and apply knowledge of reading blue prints;
- Cut, trim, and fuse metal together;
- Work in adverse conditions; and
- Properly use TIG and MIG machines in both pipe and plate welding
Additional skill sets include the ability to work in teams and strong supervisory and managerial skills.
College and Continuing Education Coordinator
Phone: (870) 946-3506, Ext. 1628
Graphic Communications Instructor/Director of Printing Services
Program Coordinator of Applied Technology-Helena Campus
Helena-West Helena Campus
Phone: (870) 338-6474, Ext. 1122
|Welding Technical Certificate||111 KB|
|Certificate of Proficiency - General Welding Techniques||137 KB|
|Certificate of Proficiency - Inert Gas Welding||137 KB|
|Certificate of Proficiency - Mild Steel Welding||137 KB|