Division of Business & Information Systems
The Division of Business and Information Systems offers a variety of associate degree and certificate programs in computer and office technologies. The Division maintains state-of-the-art computer labs and offers courses and workshops in business management, computer applications, and office skills.
In support of the college mission, the purpose of the Division of Business and Information Systems is to provide quality educational programs consistent with the needs of the community. To accomplish this, the Division:
- Provides career programs to equip students with job skills and competencies needed to secure employment.
- Offers a program of study designed for students who plan to transfer to a four-year college or university to pursue a baccalaureate degree in a business discipline.
- Provides businesses and the working professional opportunities to upgrade existing business skills.
- Encourages effective social and civic responsibility, technology utilization, analytical & critical thinking, communication, and cultural awareness through assessment of students and academic programs. (STACC)
- Stresses the development of skills for life-long learning.
As a result of the studies of courses in the Division's curriculum, the students will be able to demonstrate the following STACC core competencies:
- Social and Civic Responsibility
Demonstrate a legal/ethical behavior that is appropriate for the business professional in today's society.
- Technology Utilization
Demonstrate the ability to use computer technology.
- Analytical & Critical Thinking
Analyze, interpret and evaluate data necessary to solve problems and support business decisions.
Communicate effectively in a written or oral manner in the business environment.
- Cultural Awareness
Acknowledge diverse groups of individuals possessing different beliefs, values, attitudes, and customs.
Business programs are accredited by
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
7007 College Boulevard, Suite 420
Overland Park, KS 66211