Other Financial Assistance

Part-Time Employment

Many students are employed by the College and a number of agencies in the surrounding community. Students should be careful not to overload their work schedule so that it interferes with their study and class time. The College receives many requests from local employers eager to employ students in a variety of part-time jobs. Contact the Work-Study Coordinator for more information.

Veterans (GI) Benefits

The Arkansas State Approving Agency approves some programs at PCCUA for veteran training. Veterans of recent military service, service members, members of reserve units, and dependents of certain other veterans may be entitled to educational benefits under the following programs: Post 9/11 GI Bill® Chapter 33; Title 38, Chapter 30, Montgomery GI Bill® for Veterans; Title 38, Veterans Education Assistance Program (VEAP); Title 38, Chapter 35, Survivors and Dependents Education; and Title 10, Chapter 1606, 1607, Montgomery GI Bill® for Selective Reserves. Students must be working toward a degree following curriculum outlined for their objectives.
*GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).

Application forms can be found online at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill® or call 1-888-442-4551 for assistance with applying for benefits. Additional information concerning these benefits may be obtained by contacting the Registrar’s Office. Veterans are urged to apply for educational benefits at least two months before beginning classes.

Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation

Public Law 815 makes veterans vocational rehabilitation training available to a veteran who incurred a disability as a result of service in the armed forces. Under Public Law 815, tuition, fees, and subsistence will be paid through the Veterans Administration. Public Law 815 makes veterans vocational rehabilitation training available to a veteran who incurred a disability as a result of service in the armed forces. Under Public Law 815, tuition, fees, and subsistence will be paid through the Veterans Administration.

Vocational Rehabilitation

Our local Vocational Rehabilitation agency assists students in paying for all or part of their tuition, books, activity fees, living expenses, and transportation. Students must be in good standing to continue receiving funds through this program. Students can qualify with either physical or mental health disabilities. Students who believe they could qualify for this program should contact:

Helena-West Helena Campus:

Arkansas Rehabilitation Services
507 Cherry Street
Helena-West Helena, AR 72342
(870) 338-2753

DeWitt & Stuttgart Campuses:

Arkansas Rehabilitation Services
2703 W. 26th Ave.
P.O. Box 2560
Pine Bluff, AR 71613
(870) 534-2404