Federal Work-Study Program
The Federal Work Study (FWS) program is a campus need-based program that provides part-time employment for students who have been determined to have financial need.
- Designed specifically for college students, the FWS program allows your work schedule to revolve around your school schedule. You will be paid at least the current federal minimum wage. Pay dates are bi-monthly.
- The amount a student can earn per year is determined by financial need. This need is determined by completion of Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This income does not affect your financial aid eligibility if reported correctly on FASFA. Funds are limited as to the award amounts given. Hours worked may not exceed 20 per week.
- The majority of positions are located primarily on campus, which allows you to work around your class schedule. Some community-based positions may be available. Hiring decisions are based on supervisor discretion.
- Work-study supervisors could become a job reference for future employment applications. Participating in the work study program can give you valuable experience to add to your resume.
Work-Study job postings may be found on the Workday site. If you were a work study in the Spring of 2021 and beyond, please log into MyRidgeNet and log into Workday. If you are a new work study participant, please set up a Workday account and apply for a work study position on the Human Resources Career Site.
Please remember, you may not eligible for work study funding if:
- You show no unmet need upon completion of the FASFA.
- You are not making satisfactory academic progress.
- We have exhausted our work study funds for the semester.
If you need assistance completing a work-study job application, please contact the following:
Career Pathways Counselor
Phone: (870) 946-3506, Ext. 1644
Testing & Placement Coordinator
Helena-West Helena Campus
Phone: (870) 338-6474, Ext. 1134