How To Apply for Federal Financial Aid

  1. Create a new Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID. A FSA ID gives access to Federal Student Aid's online systems and can serve as a legal signature. Only create a FSA ID using personal information and for exclusive use. No one is authorized to create a FSA ID on behalf of someone else, including a family member. Misrepresentation of identity to the Federal government could result in criminal or civil penalties. The FSA ID serves as an electronic signature and provides access to personal records, so never give a personal FSA ID to anyone. Be sure to keep the FSA ID in a safe place, as it will be needed to access federal Student Aid records online to view or make changes to records.

  2. Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Financial Aid (FAFSA) for all students. These are available at all college campuses or on the web at's school code is 001104.

  3. Return the FAFSA to any college campus where it will be processed electronically.

  4. Notification will be received via email within a few days. Financial aid is awarded to students who show they have an unmet need and maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined by the institution.

  5. If attending PCCUA classes for the first-time and eligible to receive federal financial aid, submit the following information:

    • an official high school transcript, GED, and all official college academic transcript(s);

    • a completed financial aid Student Data Form available on all campuses.

A student will receive an award letter from PCCUA Helena-West Helena campus's Office of Financial Aid if the student is eligible for financial aid.

  • The student must bring the award letter when registering for classes;
  • The student can use the award letter to help pay for tuition and books;
  • If the amount of the award letter is greater than the cost of tuition and books, the balance is paid to the student in two payments;
  • Students withdrawing from classes may be required to repay federal dollars.

To be considered a full-time student, federal financial aid requires enrollment of twelve (12) credit hours.

After applying for Federal Financial Aid, please complete/submit any required documents: