DeWitt Campus Library Information
Monday & Thursday: 7:30 am to 4:30 pm
Tuesday & Wednesday 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
Friday: 7:30 am to 1:30 pm
Special arrangements for the library to be open outside these hours may be made. Instructors should contact staff listed below.
The library follows the PCCUA calendar for all holidays and other scheduled closings.
- General circulating collection including fiction, non-fiction, biographies, special interest. Books may be checked out for two weeks with one sequential renewal.
- Journals (general and special subject areas)
- Newspapers including Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, USA Today, local community newspapers, and special subject areas
- Coin operated copier services
- Computer workstations with Microsoft software products, classroom software, and Internet access
- Online full-text and abstract searchable databases include:
- Ebsco Databases
- CINAHL - Nursing and Allied Health
- MLA International Bibliography
- Academic Search Elite
- Gale Group: Opposing Viewpoints
- SIRS Discoverer on the Web
- SIRS Knowledge Source
- World Cat
- Ebsco Databases
- Interlibrary loan services are provided for students who need to find materials held in other library collections. Contact staff for assistance. Allow at least five (5) business days for delivery.
- Courier services are offered among the three campuses. If you need to check out an item from either the Helena or Stuttgart campus library, contact staff to make arrangements for the requested materials to be shipped via courier.
- No food or drinks in the library
- Turn off cell phones while in the library
Computer Use Guidelines
- Sign in at the Circulation Desk. All students are required to have a student ID and library card.
- Computer use limited to 30 minutes, if others are waiting.
- Copies are $0.10/page. Pay at the Circulation Desk.
- Save personal work to your own flash drive.
- Do not download software or attach peripheral equipment to the computers.
- Visits to inappropriate websites will result in loss of computer privileges on campus.
- Do not turn computer off.
- Do not change computer settings.
- Please notify Circulation Desk if any problems are encountered (i.e., hijacking of websites, computer locking up, etc.).
- Phillips Community College of the University of Arkansas (PCCUA) provides access to computer equipment, programs, databases, and the Internet for informational and educational purposes. All users of college computer resources are expected to use these resources correctly and only for legal purposes.
- Use of computing and network resources should always be legal and ethical, reflect academic honesty, and show restraint in the consumption of shared resources. It should demonstrate respect for intellectual property, ownership of data, the right to personal privacy, and to the right of individuals to freedom from intimidation and harassment.
- All federal and state laws, as well as general college regulations and policies, are applicable to the use of computing resources. These include, but are not limited to, the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act, the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986, the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, and state and federal computer fraud statutes. Illegal reproduction of software and other intellectual property protected by U.S. copyright laws and by licensing agreements may result in civil and criminal sanctions.
- Please refer to the College Student Handbook for additional information relating to the Computer, Internet, Email, and Other Electronic Communications Acceptable Use Policy.
Director of Library Services
DeWitt, Helena-West Helena, Stuttgart
Phone: (870) 338-6474, Ext. 1145
Phone: (870) 946-3506, Ext. 1621