Enrolling in Online Courses
To enroll in any online course, you must contact Bennie Fonzie and Scott Post by e-mail. In your e-mail you must include your name, social security number or student ID, and the online course name and number. If you do not receive a response within two business days, you are not enrolled in the class, and you should contact the Admissions Office at (870) 338-6474, Ext. 1336.
- Internet classes start later than traditional classes.
- Updated class offerings are available at www.pccua.edu.
- You must have computer access to take an Internet/Online course.
- You must log on within the first week of class, or you will be reported as a no-show.
- If you are a first time online student, you must attend a Blackboard orientation (available on each campus) at the beginning of the semester.
Directions for Enrolling in Online Courses
FULL-TIME or PART-TIME students seeking a certificate or an associate degree through online courses
- Complete a PCCUA Application for Admission (which may obtained from the Admissions/Student Services Office or click here.
- Provide results of ACT or ACCUPLACER testing. Scores are used to determine placement in English, reading, and math. Students enrolling must submit ACT scores (19 or above in English/Math) or take the ACCUPLACER placement test administered at the college. PCCUA administers the ACCUPLACER test on a daily basis. Appointments may be made with Ronda Golden at (870) 946-3506 ext. 1602 (DeWitt), Vickie Gregory at (870) 338-6474, ext. 1134 (Helena) or Sonya Allen at (870) 673-4201, ext. 1828 (Stuttgart). For more information about the ACT test, visit: http://www.actstudent.org/regist/dates.html. For ACCUPLACER practice tests, contact Mark Sellers at 870-338-6474, Ext. 1075, email@example.com.
- Provide a copy of high school transcript or GED scores. Must be an official high school transcript with graduation date and a stamped school seal, General Educational Development (GED) scores, and/or college transcript(s). Please request that the institution mail the transcript directly to the PCCUA Office of Admissions, P.O. Box 785, Helena, AR 72342. (If transcript is in a maiden name, please ask high school to indicate your current last name on form.)
- For a form to have your transcript sent to PCCUA, click here.
- Provide an immunization record. Arkansas State Law requires all students born on or after January 1, 1957, to provide proof of immunity against measles, mumps, and rubella. Students must have proof of two MMR vaccines or proof of positive titers.
- Financial Aid. Students applying for financial aid may contact April Herring at (870) 946-3506 ext. 1607 (DeWitt), Barbra Stevenson at (870) 338-6474, ext. 1160 (Helena), or Kena Henderson at (870) 673-4201 ext. 1822 (Stuttgart). Students may also apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The PCCUA School Code is: 001104
- Students may also be eligible for other scholarships. For a PCCUA scholarship application, click here. For additional scholarship information: For additional scholarship information contact: DeWitt Campus-April Herring, 870-946-3506, ext. 1607; Helena-West Helena Campus-Stephanie Arnold, 870-338-6474, ext. 1240; Stuttgart Campus-Kena Henderson, 870-673-4201, ext. 1822.
- E-mail your course selection(s) to Bennie Fonzie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After notification of registration is received via e-mail, contact the Business Office at 870-338-6474, ext. 1217, immediately to make payment arrangements.
- PCCUA offers a traditional online Orientation Workshop once each semester for first time users located on the DeWitt, Helena-West Helena, and Stuttgart campuses. Students should include this course when e-mailing course selection.