Enrolling in Online Courses
To enroll in any online course, you must contact your advisor or Bennie Fonzie, firstname.lastname@example.org by email. If communicating via email, you must include your name, student ID, and the online course name and number. If you do not receive a response within two business days, you are not enrolled in the class, and you should contact your advisor or the Admissions Office at (870) 338-6474, ext. 1336.
- Online classes may start later than traditional classes.
- Updated class offerings are available at www.pccua.edu.
- Computer and Internet access is required to take an online course.
- Students must log on within the first week of class or be reported as a no show.
- First-time online students are encouraged to attend a BlackBoard orientation, available on each campus, at the beginning of the semester.
Directions for Enrolling in Online Courses
FULL-TIME or PART-TIME students seeking a certificate or an associate degree through online courses
- Complete a PCCUA Application for Admission, which may obtained from the Admissions/Student Services Office or click here.
- Provide results of ACT or NG ACCUPLACER testing. Scores are used to determine placement in English, reading, and math. Students enrolling must submit ACT scores (19 or above in English/math) or take the NG ACCUPLACER placement test administered at the College. PCCUA administers the NG ACCUPLACER test on a daily basis. Appointments may be made with Ronda Golden at (870) 946-3506, ext. 1602 (DeWitt), Vickie Gregory at (870) 338-6474, ext. 1134 (Helena-West Helena) or Sonya Allen-Jenkins at (870) 673-4201, ext. 1828 (Stuttgart). For more information about the ACT test, visit: http://www.actstudent.org/regist/dates.html. For NG ACCUPLACER practice tests, contact Mark Sellers at 870-338-6474, ext. 1075, email@example.com.
- Provide a copy of an official high school transcript with graduation date and a stamped school seal or General Educational Development (GED) scores, and/or all official college transcript(s). Please request that the institution submit the transcript directly to the PCCUA Office of Admissions, P.O. Box 785, Helena-West Helena, AR 72342. If transcript is in a maiden name, instruct the high school to indicate current last name on the form.
- Click here for Transcript Request forms.
- Provide an immunization record. Arkansas State Law requires all students born on or after January 1, 1957, to provide proof of immunity against measles, mumps, and rubella. Students must have proof of two MMR vaccines or proof of positive titers, as described in the Full-time and Part-time Registration.
- To apply for financial aid, contact Toni Carter at (870) 946-3506, ext. 1607 (DeWitt), Barbra Stevenson at (870) 338-6474, ext. 1160 (Helena-West Helena), or Kena Henderson at (870) 673-4201, ext. 1822 (Stuttgart). Students also may apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The PCCUA school code is: 001104.
- Click here for PCCUA scholarship application. For additional scholarship information, please contact: DeWitt campus-Toni Carter, 870-946-3506, ext. 1607; Helena-West Helena campus-Stephanie Arnold, 870-338-6474, ext. 1240; Stuttgart campus-Kena Henderson, 870-673-4201, ext. 1822.
- Email course selection(s) to Bennie Fonzie at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact a PCCUA Advisor.
- Contact the Business Office immediately to make payment arrangements at 870-338-6474, ext. 1217.