Library services at the Helena-West Helena Lewis Library and the DeWitt and Stuttgart campuses offer the latest technology, including an online catalog accessible via the Internet. Library holdings consist of traditional print materials such as books, journals, and newspapers, as well as a growing collection of electronic resources that include audio books and videos. Online databases are available for research purposes. Librarian assistance is available for remote access to the library catalog and electronic databases. The Lewis Library also houses a microfilm archive of local newspapers.
A PCCUA student identification card is required to checkout materials and use computers. Items may be borrowed for two weeks with one sequential renewal, if no holds are pending. Assistance with interlibrary loan services is provided, so materials from other libraries may be delivered to and picked up from any campus location. Computer workstations, limited soft seating, study areas, wi-fi capability, and copy services are available on all campuses.
- http://portal.arkansas.gov – Official Website for the State of Arkansas
- http://www.asl.lib.ar.us – Arkansas State Library
- http://www.arstudies.org – Arkansas Studies Institute
- http://www.encyclopediaofarkansas.net – Encyclopedia of Arkansas History and Culture
- http://www.ask.com – General Information
- http://bartleby.com – Reference Sources
- http://www.loc.gov – Library of Congress
- http://www.archives.gov – National Archives
- http://nga.gov/collection -- National Gallery of Art
- http://sparknotes.com – Study Guides
- http://www.census.gov – U. S. Population/Census
Microfiche and microfilm are located only on the Helena campus. Reader/printers are provided there -- patrons use those materials on site -- they do not circulate.
Materials needed via inter-library loan or from other campus libraries may be requested at the circulation desk located on any of our three campuses.