The Arkansas Career Pathways Initiative is a comprehensive project designed to improve the earnings and postsecondary education attainment of Arkansas’s low–income Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)-eligible adults. The initiative provides funding for two-year colleges to develop career pathways programs that assist TANF-eligible adults to earn a marketable, educational credential for immediate entry into a high demand occupation.
The initiative emphasizes such program components as job readiness skills, basic academic skills preparation/remediation, and post-secondary credentials tied to high-wage, high-demand occupations. Intensive student services are provided for students in the program. The initiative fosters strong connections among two-year colleges, students, community organizations, state agencies, and employers.
Career Pathways is an opportunity for students to gain support services, financial support, and a variety of services to complete their career goals. Each student enters a pathway at the student's point of need and completes a specific educational or employment goal.
The College offers five (5) Pathways:
- Information Support Services
- Family & Community Services
- Teaching & Training
- Therapeutic Services
- Health Information
To enroll in the Arkansas Career Pathways Program, you must qualify to receive benefits. Basic eligibility requirements include:
- A student must be a parent with at least one child under the age of 21 living in your home;
- A student must be receiving Transitional Employment Assistance (TEA) now, or have received TEA in the past;
- Or a student must be receiving food stamps or Medicaid;
- Or a student must have an annual, family income below 250% of Federal poverty level, which is about $51,950 annually for a family of three (3).
Career Pathway Services
- Academic Advising
- Academic Skills Support
- Career Exploration
- Social Skills Support
- Enrollment and Retention Manager
- Financial Aid
- Child Care
Director of Career Pathways
Phone: (870) 946-3506, Ext. 1690
Phone: (870) 673-4201, Ext. 1886