Student Support Services
The Student Support Services Program is one of the federal TRIO programs and is funded 100% by the U.S. Department of Education.
The Student Support Services Program is designed to—
- Increase the retention and graduation rates of eligible students,
- Increase the transfer rate of eligible students from two-year to four-year institutions, and
- Foster an institutional climate supportive of the success of low-income and first generation college students and individuals with disabilities.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SSS PROJECT AT PCCUA?
A student is eligible to participate in the Student Support Services project if the student meets all of the following requirements:
- Is a citizen or national of the United States or meets the residency requirements for Federal student financial assistance,
- Is enrolled or accepted for enrollment in the next academic term at PCCUA,
- Has a need for academic support in order to pursue successfully a postsecondary educational program, and
- A low-income individual,
- A first generation college student, or
- An individual with disabilities.
WHAT ACTIVITIES AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED?
- Academic advising & course selection
- Financial aid counseling and assistance
- Transfer information and assistance, including college trips
- Career exploration
- Peer and computer-assisted tutoring
- Financial literacy
- Advocacy with staff and faculty
These services are provided free of charge to SSS participants.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR SERVICES?
Applications may be obtained in Room C302 of the Arts & Sciences building on the Helena-West Helena campus, in Room C103 on the DeWitt campus, and in Room B105 on the Stuttgart campus. All applicants who meet basic criteria will be interviewed by a staff member to determine interest in and need for the program.
If accepted into the Student Support Services program, the student will be expected to participate in program activities, meet with the SSS staff regularly and attend scheduled tutoring sessions.
College & Continuing Education Coordinator
Phone: (870) 946-3506, Ext. 1628
Student Support Services Project Assistant
Phone: (870) 338-6474, Ext. 1175