Be well! Be a Ridge Runner. Take online classes this summer!
PCCUA will offer a free Online Orientation workshop for all students this summer. Directions for access will be provided to the student via e-mail. If you have questions regarding this workshop, please email Michelle Waites at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enroll in Summer 2021 Online Classes at Phillips Community College of the University of Arkansas
Summer classes begin on June 2, 2021. We are excited that you are joining our Ridge Runner family and that you are taking the first step in creating a wonderful future for yourself. The next step is attending our free, online Orientation that will assist you in navigating the online learning experience. This information is beneficial to your success at the college, because it will provide you with instruction, support, and resources for your academic journey.
The next few steps will provide instructions to ensure that you are ready for your online experience:
- Contact an advisor to enroll in summer courses via email. You will find a list of all advisor email addresses at the bottom of the page.
- Once you have registered for courses, please contact the Business Office to make payment arrangements. Contact information for the business office is below:
- We are currently working on a plan to schedule remote meeting times with business office staff to discuss any questions you may have and to make remote payments.
- Your email will be created within 24 hours after registering for classes. Students MUST login and access their PCCUA e-mail account in order to receive communications pertaining to online courses and campus news. You can access your email by logging into your My Ridgenet account and clicking on the email icon.
To access your My Ridgenet account your username is your first initial, last name and last 4 digits of your student ID (bfonzie1234). You can find your student ID number located at the top left-hand corner of your statement from the Business Office. Your password is your complete 8-digit date of birth (mmddyyyy).
- Textbooks for your all courses will be available in each campus bookstore. If you have questions regarding your textbooks for your summer course, contact your instructor or the bookstore. Contact information for the bookstore is email@example.com
- Instructor email addresses can be found on the Faculty-Staff Directory.
- Pease keep in mind, most PCCUA faculty and staff are currently working remotely and may not be available by telephone but do have access to email and are checking email daily.
- You will access ALL COURSES by logging into your My Ridgenet account.
- Please note: you will not have access to any course until courses begin on June 2.
- Once courses begin, you can access your course(s) by logging into your My Ridgenet account and clicking on the BlackBoard icon. Please note that you must log into your course and email your instructor before June 3 or you will be reported as a NO SHOW. Being reported as a NO SHOW means that you will be dropped from the course.
Summer courses begin June 1, 2021. Course end dates vary depending on the course in which you are registered but all courses will conclude by July 30, 2021.
Below is an example of what your schedule may look like after you have registered for your courses:
|BAN-263 (BUSI1013) Business Communication||K.Holland|
|BGMT-283 (BUSS2013) Business Statistics||B.Cannon|
|EH-113 (ENGL1013) Composition I||STAFF|
|PE-223 (PHED1213) Personal and Community Health||C. Howe|
|PLS-213 (PLSC2103) American Government||A. Bagley|
If you have any general questions or are having issues accessing your course, please contact the distance learning department via email. Please include your full name, student ID number, date of birth and the name of the course you cannot access in your email:
|Helena campus||Michelle Waitesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|DeWitt campus||Shawanna Wansleyemail@example.com|
|Stuttgart campus||Valerie Colvinfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Again, we are so excited to be a part of your educational journey and are able to assist you if needed. Have a great summer session!
You may be eligible for financial aid for the summer term if you received financial assistance during the regular semester. Be sure to call financial aid for assistance! Call 870-338-6474, ext. 1160 or one of the contacts below.
Financial Aid Specialist
Phone: (870) 946-3506, Ext. 1607
Scholarship Coordinator/HR Specialist
Helena-West Helena Campus
Phone: (870) 338-6474, Ext. 1240