Programs of Study
Associate of Arts (AA) Degree
The transfer program offers one Associate of Arts degree. Although there is only one degree, there are multiple disciplines within this degree. The Program of Study course schedules have been developed so that students enroll in the appropriate courses within a discipline (called majors) fully prepared for transfer to a college or university.
Associate of Science (AS) Degree
The transfer program offers one Associate of Science degree. Although there is only one degree, there are multipledisciplines within this degree. The Program of Study course schedules have been developed so that students enrollin the appropriate courses within a discipline (called majors) fully prepared for transfer to a college or university.
Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Degrees
AAS degrees are awarded in numerous disciplines. Associate of Applied Science degrees provide knowledge and skills leading to employment in specialized fields.
Technical Certificate programs are usually one year in length with a major in an occupational area; career studies certificates require less than a full year of study in an occupational area. Certificate programs differ from associate degree programs because they are presented at a different educational level and are developed in response to employment needs identified by local curriculum advisory committees.
Certificate of Proficiency
Certificates of Proficiency are usually less than a year in length and provide focused training in a specific technical area. Some of these programs are offered on a part-time, day or night basis, for students who are already employed.
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Agri Mechanics & Equipment/Machine Technology
- CDL/Truck Driving
- Computer Art & Design
- Cosmetology Manicuring
- Cyber Security
- Early Childhood Education
- Emergency Medical Technician - Basic
- General Welding Techniques
- Graphic Communications
- Inert Gas Welding
- Maintaining & Managing Personal Computers
- Medical Coding
Criminal Justice Institute
Acquire general education courses at PCCUA and specific criminal justice courses through the Criminal Justice Institute and earn degrees and certificates in the following areas:
- Certificate of Proficiency in Crime Scene Investigation
- Technical Certificate in Crime Scene Investigation
- Associate of Applied Science Crime Scene Investigation
- Certificate of Proficiency in Law Enforcement Administration
- Technical Certificate in Law Enforcement Administration
- Associate of Applied Science in Law Enforcement Administration
For more information, call Wandra Williams at (870) 338-6474, ext. 1210.