Academic Information

Minimum Requirements for A.A., A.S., and A.A.S. Degrees - see table below.
Class A.A. A.S. A.A.S.
GROUP 1: English and Fine Arts
----EH 113, 123, (ENGL 1012/1023) Composition I & II 6 6 6-9
----World Literature I or II 3
----Fine Arts, Literature, Music Appreciation, Philosophy 6 3
----Speech 3 3
GROUP II: Social Science
----HY 113, or 123, (HIST 1213/1223) History of Western Civilization 3 3
----HY 213 or 223, (HIST 2113/2123) U.S. History 3 3
----Electives: Economics, Geography, History, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology 9 3 3
GROUP III: Natural Science and Mathematics
----Biological Science: Genernal Biology, Zoology, Botany 4 8
----Physical Science: Physics, Chemistry, Physical Science 4 8
----Mathematics: *College Algebra, **Technical Math Trigonometry, Geometry, and Calculus *3 9 **3
GROUP IV: Physical Education
----Physical Education Courses 1 1
GROUP V: Computer Technology
----Computer Technology Courses 3 3 3
Total Minimum Semester Hours 48 50 15-18
Required By Course or Area 39-32
Approved Electives 12 10 6-10
Total Minimum Semester Hours for Graduation 60 60 ***60
* College Algebra or a higher math course is required for the A.A. Degree.
** Technical Math or equivalent to College Algebra accepted for specific AAS.
***Note: AAS degree determines the general education course requirements within that degree plan. In keeping with Arkansas requirements, all AAS degrees are 60 credit hours except the ADN and MLT programs which are approved for more than 60 credit hours.
Need a grade change?  Maybe you need to request a "WC" grade.
A “WC” is a course clemency. This means that a student can take the “WC” in place of an “F” and retake the class at a later date. The “WC” will not be calculated in the student GPA. 

How do I Request a “WC” Grade?
1. I received an 'F' in my course or I received a 'D' or better but would like to retake the course to get a higher grade.
  • Students receiving a letter grade of an “F” may complete the form online, submit it to the Registrar’s Office, and once it is approved, the “F” will revert in the system to a “WC”. This grade will not be calculated in the GPA. Students are allowed to file for more than one “WC” grade. A separate submission must be made for each course.  However, it is critical to talk to a representative in the Office of Financial Aid to determine if multiple “WC” grades might impact Pell eligibility. 
  • Students who receive a “D” grade or better in a Spring 2020 course can request that the letter grade be replaced with a “WC”. Requests are allowed on a course by course basis, and students must file a request for each individual class for the “WC” option.  Students should speak or correspond with an advisor before submitting the request.  A “WC” grade will have no credit and will not be calculated in the GPA. 
2. Fill out the WC Grade Change Form.
3. Completed form is approved by the registrar. WC is recorded onto my transcript.

Note: Students in allied health or designated programs with state approval or national accreditation or licensure should consult with their advisor prior to requesting a grade change.

Each student must determine if there are financial aid issues prior to requesting a “WC” grade. A full-time enrolled student who selects the “WC” grade for one course, should have no negative impact on financial aid status. However, if a student files for multiple “WC” grades, this could be a financial aid problem and this decision should be discussed with a representative in the Office of Financial Aid. If a student is on financial aid probation, the student should discuss the change with the Office of Financial Aid before deciding to request a “WC” grade.

Expand Close All