Financial Aid

To help offset the cost of a student’s education, the Office of Financial Aid and its staff are dedicated to assisting PCCUA students and their families in navigating the financial aid process and educating them in making the best use of all available resources.

A number of scholarships and federal and state grants are available to prospective or continuing students who have shown academic proficiency and have demonstrated a financial need. Part-time employment opportunities also are available to students but are dependent upon the availability of jobs, available funds, and student’s skills.
  • Student and Parent need an FSA ID.
  • Student and Parent will need to access email & phone number to confirm the FSA ID. 
  • Student and Parent email can NOT be the same. 
  • Complete provided worksheet to be referenced in the future as needed. Complete one for the parent and one for the student. 
  • FSA ID Help Line: 800-433-3243
2. FAFSA: Application for Federal Aid Programs such as Federal Pell Grant, Federal Work-Study, Federal Supplemental Education Opportunities Grant, Federal Student Loans
  • Complete the latest FAFSA. PCCUA school code is: 001104
  • Make sure social security number and name entry is identical to what is on the social security card for both parent and student. 
  • Use prior-prior year's Federal Tax Information. 
  • Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool. Name and address used in the process must match what was reported on prior-prior year's Tax Return. 
  • After submitting, monitor email regularly. FAFSA and selected schools will email you for additional information that may be required before awards can be made. 
  • Respond to information requests promptly.
3. ADHE Scholarships: Application for State Aid programs, such as Academic Challenge Scholarships, Governor's Distinguished Scholarship, AR Future, AR Workforce Challenge
  • Create username and password. This is different than the FSA ID. 
  • When you graduate, your high school will provide ADHE with your final transcript. 
  • If your school choice changes, update your information with ADHE.

**NOTE - Changes in Financial SItuation: 
  • Changes to your Family's Financial Situation: If you or your family's financial situation has changed significantly from what is reflected on your federal income tax return (lost a job and show recent unemployment of a family member, or experienced a drop in income), you may be eligible to have your financial aid adjusted. Complete the FAFSA questions as instructed on the application (including the tax return and income information), submit your FAFSA form, then contact the school you plan to attend to discuss how your current financial situation has changed. The school's decision is final and cannot be appealed to the U.S. Department of Education. 
Federal Pell Grant
This is the basic grant available to undergraduate students who have demonstrated an exceptional financial need on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have not earned a bachelor’s or professional degree. The Department of Education determines a student’s eligibility based on a students’ answers to the FAFSA. Students must also meet other eligibility requirements to remain eligible for this award. The maximum award for the 2023-2024 academic year is $7,395, if students are enrolled full-time. The award amount is reduced for students enrolled less than full-time. A Federal Pell Grant, unlike a loan, does not have to be repaid except under certain circumstance. Students must remember to complete and submit a FAFSA application every year as soon as possible, beginning October 1.

Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants (FSEOG)
FSEOG funds are limited and awarded on a first-come, first-served basis and are awarded with preference given to Pell Grant recipients who demonstrate exceptional need. Students must be enrolled at least half-time (six credit hours) to be eligible to receive FSEOG funds. 

Federal Work-Study Program (FWS)
The Federal Work-Study program provides jobs for undergraduate students and enables them to earn money toward their college expenses by working on- or off-campus. Students are paid bi-weekly based on the federal or state minimum wage, whichever is more. Eligible students must have a financial need as determined by their FAFSA results. A separate FWS request must be completed and submitted to the institution’s Work-Study Coordinator. 
Satisfactory Performance Standards for Financial Aid Eligibility
Federal regulations governing all Title IV federal and campus-based programs (Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants, and Federal Work-Study) require the institution to measure a student’s progress toward a degree or certificate program. Students must complete requirements for a degree or certificate program within a reasonable length of time (150 percent/three years) and maintain a minimum cumulative 2.0 grade point average.

Total Credit Hours
PCCUA students may attempt up to a maximum of 100 credit hours while pursuing their two-year degree. All courses attempted at PCCUA, including repeated and incomplete courses, courses with a grade of "F", "W", "EW" and "I", and all hours pursued at any other college, will be counted in the determination of hours attempted. Students required to enroll for remedial course work will be allowed to attempt up to 30 hours of remedial work, which will be counted toward the maximum 100 credit hour limit. Students must successfully complete at least 67 percent of all credit hours attempted each semester, including remedial courses, with a grade of "A", "B", "C", or "D". An evaluation will be made each semester to determine an individual student’s progress. 

Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA)
Students, including those enrolled for remedial coursework, must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 to be in good standing. Evaluations will be made at the end of each semester to determine the student’s progress for meeting cumulative GPA requirements. 


Any student whose completion rate and/or cumulative GPA falls below the minimum requirements will be placed on financial aid probation/warning for one semester. During the probationary semester, students will be required to enroll in classes recommended by their advisor and may be required to report for tutoring. Students on financial aid probation must meet the requirements at the end of the probationary semester or their financial aid will be terminated.

Termination of Aid
Student whose financial aid has been terminated for failure to meet satisfactory academic progress standards (SAP), may make an appeal in writing to the Financial Aid Exceptions Committee. The student should explain any mitigating circumstances related to the individual’s academic problem and be prepared to provide supporting documentation.
If you have been financially impacted by COVID-19, apply for assistance to pay off your student balance! Please complete the attached form and turn into our Business Office.
  1. Create a new Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID. A FSA ID gives access to Federal Student Aid's online systems and can serve as a legal signature. Only create a FSA ID using personal information and for exclusive use. No one is authorized to create a FSA ID on behalf of someone else, including a family member. Misrepresentation of identity to the Federal government could result in criminal or civil penalties. The FSA ID serves as an electronic signature and provides access to personal records, so never give a personal FSA ID to anyone. Be sure to keep the FSA ID in a safe place, as it will be needed to access federal Student Aid records online to view or make changes to records.

  2. Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Financial Aid (FAFSA) for all students. These are available at all college campuses or on the web at's school code is 001104.

  3. Return the FAFSA to any college campus where it will be processed electronically.

  4. Notification will be received via email within a few days. Financial aid is awarded to students who show they have an unmet need and maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined by the institution.

  5. If attending PCCUA classes for the first-time and eligible to receive federal financial aid, submit the following information:

    • an official high school transcript, GED, and all official college academic transcript(s);

    • a completed financial aid Student Data Form available on all campuses.

A student will receive an award letter from PCCUA Helena-West Helena campus's Office of Financial Aid if the student is eligible for financial aid.

  • The student must bring the award letter when registering for classes;
  • The student can use the award letter to help pay for tuition and books;
  • If the amount of the award letter is greater than the cost of tuition and books, the balance is paid to the student in two payments;
  • Students withdrawing from classes may be required to repay federal dollars.

To be considered a full-time student, federal financial aid requires enrollment of twelve (12) credit hours.

After applying for Federal Financial Aid, please complete/submit any required documents:

2024-25 Verification Form

2024-25 Student Data Form

2024-25 Verfication of Non-Filing

Expand Close All