PCCUA offers a wide variety of distance learning courses, as well as a number of programs which are available totally in a distance learning format. The majority of the distance learning courses are web-based; however, the College delivers a few courses via interactive video technologies. Distance learning courses maintain the same integrity as traditional courses, but provide the course instruction in an alternate format. Students are encouraged to complete an orientation to distance learning prior to beginning any of the College's web-based courses.
PCCUA is proud to be part of the University of Arkansas System, which offers courses that lead to an Associate of Arts Degree online. You may access all online courses, which are offered by PCCUA, click here and updating to the wanted Term and updating Location to PC Net (Online).
PCCUA offers an online orientation workshop once each semester for first time users located on the DeWitt, Helena-West Helena, and Stuttgart campuses. Students should include this course when emailing course selection.
To enroll in any online course, you must contact your advisor or Bennie Fonzie, firstname.lastname@example.org by email. If communicating via email, you must include your name, student ID, and the online course name and number. If you do not receive a response within two business days, you are not enrolled in the class, and you should contact your advisor or the Admissions Office at (870) 338-6474, ext. 1336.
- Online classes may start later than traditional classes.
- Updated class offerings are available at www.www.pccua.edu.
- Computer and Internet access is required to take an online course.
- Students must log on within the first week of class or be reported as a no show.
- First-time online students are encouraged to attend a BlackBoard orientation, available on each campus, at the beginning of the semester.
FULL-TIME or PART-TIME students seeking a certificate or an associate degree through online courses...
- Complete a PCCUA Application for Admission, which may obtained from the Admissions/Student Services Office or click here.
- Provide results of ACT or NG ACCUPLACER testing. Scores are used to determine placement in English, reading, and math. Students enrolling must submit ACT scores (19 or above in English/math) or take the NG ACCUPLACER placement test administered at the College. PCCUA administers the NG ACCUPLACER test on a daily basis. Appointments may be made with Ronda Golden at (870) 946-3506, ext. 1602 (DeWitt), Vickie Gregory at (870) 338-6474, ext. 1134 (Helena-West Helena) or Sonya Allen-Jenkins at (870) 673-4201, ext. 1828 (Stuttgart). For more information about the ACT test, visit: http://www.actstudent.org/regist/dates.html. For NG ACCUPLACER practice tests, contact Mark Sellers at 870-338-6474, ext. 1075, email@example.com.
- Provide a copy of an official high school transcript with graduation date and a stamped school seal or General Educational Development (GED) scores, and/or all official college transcript(s). Please request that the institution submit the transcript directly to the PCCUA Office of Admissions, P.O. Box 785, Helena-West Helena, AR 72342. If transcript is in a maiden name, instruct the high school to indicate current last name on the form.
- Click here for Transcript Request forms.
- Provide an immunization record. Arkansas State Law requires all students born on or after January 1, 1957, to provide proof of immunity against measles, mumps, and rubella. Students must have proof of two MMR vaccines or proof of positive titers, as described in the Registration Steps page.
- To apply for financial aid, contact Ronda Golden at (870) 946-3506, ext. 1602 (DeWitt), Barbra Stevenson at (870) 338-6474, ext. 1160 (Helena-West Helena), or Valerie Colvin at (870) 673-4201, ext. 1822 (Stuttgart). Students also may apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The PCCUA school code is: 001104.
- Click here for PCCUA scholarship application. For additional scholarship information, please contact: DeWitt campus-Ronda Golden, 870-946-3506, ext. 1602; Helena-West Helena campus-Stephanie Arnold, 870-338-6474, ext. 1240; Stuttgart campus-Valerie Colvin, 870-673-4201, ext. 1806.
- Email course selection(s) to Bennie Fonzie at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact a PCCUA Advisor.
- Contact the Business Office immediately to make payment arrangements at 870-338-6474, ext. 1217.
ll PCCUA online courses require students to take at least one (1) proctored exam. A proctored exam is taken on campus with a test supervisor. It is the responsibility of the student to schedule an appointment for proctoring or make arrangements for proctoring at an approved testing site during their course testing period. All students are required to show a photo ID for verification purposes prior to testing.
Acceptable testing sites for most courses include:
UA Online Consortium colleges (UACCB and UACCH)
- Directors of educational services at universities, correctional institutions, or the armed services
- Certified librarians in a supervisory position
- Delegated officials of a university testing center
- Officer of the US Embassy or consulate
If you are not a PCCUA student and need to set up exam proctoring on one of our campuses, please email:
Helena: Michelle Waites at email@example.com