Full or Part-Time Students Seeking Associate Degree or Certificate
PCCUA administers the NG ACCUPLACER test on a daily basis. Appointments may be made with Kalli Manis at (870) 946-3506, ext. 1602 (DeWitt), Vickie Gregory at (870) 338-6474, ext. 1134 (Helena) or Sonya Allen-Jenkins at (870) 673-4201, ext. 1823 (Stuttgart).
- For more information about the ACT test, visit:https://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act/registration.html
- For an NG ACCUPLACER practice test, visit: https://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/students
3. Provide a copy of high school transcript or GED scores. Must be an official high school transcript with graduation date and a stamped school seal, General Educational Development (GED) scores, and/or college transcript(s). Please request that the institution mail the transcript directly to the PCCUA Office of Admissions, P.O. Box 785, Helena, AR 72342. (If transcript is in a maiden name, ask high school to indicate your current last name on form.)
4. Provide shot record. Arkansas State Law requires all students born on or after January 1, 1957, to provide proof of immunity against measles, mumps, and rubella. Students must have proof of two MMR vaccines against measles, mumps, and rubella.
After Completing Admission Requirements:
- Arrange for Payment. Payment arrangements should be completed with the Business Office before the start of class.
- Parking Permit. Students parking on-campus are required to have an annual permit. This may be obtained at the time of registration.
- Get Student ID.
- Establish email account.
Note: If you are planning to enter an Allied Health field, request an application from a specific department. If you have any questions, call the Helena campus at (870) 338-6474, ext.1371 or email: email@example.com.
For former students who have not enrolled in at least one year. Please click Apply Now to begin the readmit process.
For students who have not enrolled in at least 3 years, you may be required to resubmit the admission documents.
Note: *Students transferring from another college or university must provide the following document in addition to the requirements listed in section for full-time and part-time students, steps 1-5.
*Provide an official transcript from all colleges attended. Transfer applicants should submit an official transcript from all colleges attended. Please request that the institution mail the transcript directly to PCCUA, P.O. Box 785, Helena, AR 72342. (If transcript is in a maiden name, please ask college to indicate your current last name on form.) Students who have successfully completed 15 college-level credit hours are not required to submit a high school transcript. For a form to have your transcript sent to PCCUA, Transcript Request form.
PCCUA accepts the transfer-in of college credits the following conditions are satisfied.
- The credits were earned at a postsecondary institution having regional accreditation authorized to award the associate degree.
- The course credits being transferred are applicable for satisfying a requirement in the PCCUA program of study being pursued by the student.
- The grade earned is a "C" or higher.
In some cases, credits may be accepted from institutions having special professional accreditation. Such special accreditation must be at a level which is commonly recognized as setting the professional standards for certification or licensing in the profession.
In those cases where there is a question about the acceptability of credits earned at any other institution, PCCUA shall follow the policy of the major state university in the home state of that institution. (If that university would accept the credits in question, as a general rule, so will PCCUA).
2. For enrollment in a college-level math or English course: Provide results of ACT or NG ACCUPLACER testing along with a completed application. PCCUA administers the NG ACCUPLACER test on a daily basis. Appointments may be made with Kalli Manis at (870) 946-3506, ext. 1602 (DeWitt), Vickie Gregory at (870) 338-6474, ext. 1134 (Helena) or Sonya Allen-Jenkins at (870) 673-4201, ext. 1828 (Stuttgart).
Note: Provisional students are not eligible for financial aid. When a Provisional Student has completed a total of 12 credit hours or wishes to enroll in courses which will cause him/her to exceed 12 credit hours, he/she is no longer eligible to enroll in a provisional status. Prior to enrolling in courses which exceed the 12-hour limit, the student must complete all of the General Admission Requirements and be admitted to the College. After being admitted to the College, these students will be assigned an academic advisor and may continue to take courses without pursuing an award.
Class Audit: Any course that is offered for which a student is eligible may be taken by the student. A student on credit status or a student who is entering and is eligible for credit status may elect at the time of registration to enroll on an audit basis. Students enrolled on an audit basis will receive a grade of AU and cannot receive college credit.
The tuition and fees for credit courses taken on an audit basis are the same as they would be on a credit basis.