The Adult Education program is designed to allow students over the age of 16, who have not completed high school studies, the opportunity to acquire the skills necessary to pass the General Educational Development (GED) test or to meet other educational goals. The Adult Education/Learning Skills Department offers two components in this curricula:
- Adult Basic Education (ABE) to teach basic literacy in reading, language skills, and math, as well as work readiness skills.
- Adult Secondary Education (ASE) to teach the reading, English, and math skills necessary to pass the GED test or available training programs.
- Integrated Education and Training (IET) to teach basic educational skills and technical training necessary for the Certified Nursing Assistant credential.
Both ABE & ASE program components incorporate life skills and counseling services necessary for growth and development of the adult learner.
Arkansas Adult Education Intake Form Link
Adult Education Program Information and Resources
For students who come to PCCUA with a lack of basic academic skills necessary to do satisfactory college level studies, Adult Education offers an academic skills curriculum. Students who correct academic deficiencies through reading and writing classes will be encouraged to continue their studies in other college programs. Adult Education also provides a computer lab to assist students with deficiencies in reading and writing. The Division of Arts and Sciences offers developmental coursework in English, reading, and mathematics.
Earn Your High School Diploma (GED) Now!
Open the door to a brighter future by completing your GED. Begin today with a fresh start and complete the degree you have always wanted. The GED Test is administered at PCCUA approximately ten times during the program year. Students must take and pass the GED Official Practice Test before taking the GED test. There are four subject areas on the GED: English (includes writing an essay), social studies, literature and arts, and math.
Developmental Course Offerings
- Basic Writing I
- Basic Writing I Lab
- Basic Writing II
- Basic Writing II Lab
- Reading Skills I
- Reading Skills I Lab
- Reading Skills II
- Reading Skills II Lab
- Reading and Writing Strategies
- Reading and Writing Strategies Lab
Adult Education Hours
- Monday-Thursday 8:00-4:30
- Monday-Wednesday 5:00-8:00
Lee County Campus
- Monday-Wednesday 9:00 am-12:00 pm
Marvell Campus (BGACDC)
- Monday 5:00-7:30 pm
- Thursday 5:00-7:30 pm
Director of Adult Education
Helena-West Helena Campus
Phone: (870) 338-6474, Ext. 1104