Skip to content

Financial Aid

Student Financial Assistance

To help offset the cost of a student’s education, the Office of Financial Aid and its staff are dedicated to assisting PCCUA students and their families in navigating the financial aid process and educating them in making the best use of all available resources. A number of scholarships and federal and state grants are available to prospective or continuing students who have shown academic proficiency and have demonstrated a financial need. Part-time employment opportunities are also available to students but are dependent upon the availability of jobs, available funds, and student’s skills. 

PCCUA offers a variety of scholarships and grants. Complete your applications early!

Apply for Federal Financial Aid

  1. Create a new Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID. A FSA ID gives you access to Federal Student Aid's online systems and can serve as your legal signature. Only create a FSA ID using your own personal information and for your own exclusive use. You are not authorized to create a FSA ID on behalf of someone else, including a family member. Misrepresentation of your identity to the Federal government could result in criminal or civil penalties. Your FSA ID serves as your electronic signature and provides access to your personal records, so you should never give your FSA ID to anyone. Be sure to keep your FSA ID in a safe place. You will need your FSA ID to access your federal Student Aid records online in order to view or make changes to your records.

  2. Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Financial Aid (FAFSA) for all students. These are available at all college campuses or on the web at PCCUA's school code is 001104.

  3. Return the FAFSA to any college campus where it will be processed electronically.

  4. You will receive notification via email within a few days. Financial aid is awarded to students who show they have an unmet need and maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined by the institution.

  5. If you are attending PCCUA classes for the first-time, and you are eligible to receive federal financial aid, you will need to submit the following information:

    • a copy of your high school transcript, GED, and a copy of all college academic transcript(s);

    • a completed financial aid Student Data Form (available on all campuses).

If the student is eligible for financial aid, he/she will receive an Award Letter from the PCCUA Helena-West Helena campus’ financial aid office.

  • The student must bring the Award Letter when registering for classes;
  • The student can use the Award Letter to help pay for tuition and books;
  • If the amount of the award letter is greater than the cost of tuition and books, the balance is paid to the student in two payments;
  • Remember, students withdrawing from classes may be required to repay federal dollars.

To be considered a full-time student, federal financial aid requires enrollment of twelve (12) credit hours.

Federal Pell Grant

This is the basic grant available to undergraduate students who have demonstrated an exceptional financial need on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have not earned a bachelor’s or professional degree. The Department of Education determines a student’s eligibility based on a students’ answers to the FAFSA. Students must also meet other eligibility requirements to remain eligible for this award. The maximum award for the 2019-2020 academic year is $6,195, if students are enrolled full-time. The award amount is reduced for students enrolled less than full-time. A Federal Pell Grant, unlike a loan, does not have to be repaid; except under certain circumstance. Students must remember to complete and submit a FAFSA application every year as soon as possible, beginning October 1.

Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants

FSEOG funds are limited and awarded on a first-come, firstserved basis and are awarded with preference given to Pell Grant recipients who demonstrate exceptional need. Students must be enrolled at least half-time to be eligible to receive FSEOG funds. 

Federal Work-Study Program

The Federal Work-study program provides jobs for undergraduate students and enables them to earn money toward their college expenses by working on- or off-campus. Students are paid bi-weekly at the rate of pay that is based on the federal or state minimum wage; whichever is more. Eligible students must have a financial need as determined by their FAFSA results. A separate FWS request must be completed and submitted to the institution’s Work-Study Coordinator who is located in the Asa Bonner Building across from the college’s bookstore. 

Satisfactory Performance Standards for Financial Aid Eligibility

Federal regulations governing all Title IV federal and campus-based programs (Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants, and Federal Work-Study) require the institution to measure a student’s progress toward a degree or certificate program. Students must complete requirements for a degree or certificate program within a reasonable length of time and maintain a minimum cumulative 2.0 grade point average, as defined by the College.

Total Credit Hours

PCCUA students may attempt up to a maximum of 100 credit hours while pursuing their two-year degree. All courses attempted at PCCUA, including repeated courses (courses with a grade of F, W, EW and I) and all hours pursued at any other college, will be counted in the determination of hours attempted. Students required to enroll for remedial course work will be allowed to attempt up to 30 hours of remedial work, which will be counted toward the maximum 100 credit hour limit. Students must successfully (A, B, C or D) complete at least 67 percent of all credit hours attempted each semester, including remedial courses. An evaluation will be made each semester to determine an individual student’s progress. 

Cumulative Grade Point Average

Students, including those enrolled for remedial coursework, must maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0. Evaluation will be made at the end of each semester to determine the student’s progress for meeting cumulative grade point average requirements. 


Any student whose cumulative completion rate and/or cumulative grade point average falls below the minimum requirements will be placed on financial aid probation/warning for one semester. During the probationary semester students will be required to enroll in classes recommended by their advisor and may be required to report for tutoring. Students on financial aid probation must meet the requirements at the end of the probationary semester or their financial aid will be terminated.

Termination of Aid

Student whose financial aid has been terminated for failure to meet satisfactory academic progress standards, (SAP), may make an appeal in writing to the Financial Aid Exceptions Committee. The student should explain any mitigating circumstances related to the individual’s academic problem and be prepared to provide supporting documentation.


Toni Carter

Financial Aid Specialist

Phone: (870) 946-3506, Ext. 1608

Helena-West Helena

Annie House

Administrative Specialist II
Helena-West Helena Campus

Phone: (870) 338-6474, Ext. 1258


Kena Keaton-Henderson

Financial Aid Specialist
Stuttgart Campus

Phone: (870) 673-4201, Ext. 1822