In support of the college mission, the purpose of the Division of Business and Information Systems is to provide quality educational programs consistent with the needs of the community.
To accomplish this, the Division:
- Provides career programs to equip students with job skills and competencies needed to secure employment.
- Offers a program of study designed for students who plan to transfer to a four-year college or university to pursue a baccalaureate degree in a business discipline.
- Provides businesses and the working professional opportunities to upgrade existing business skills.
- Encourages effective social and civic responsibility, technology utilization, analytical and critical thinking, communication, and cultural awareness through assessment of students and academic programs.
- Stresses the development of skills for life-long learning.
The Division of Business and Information Systems missionand programs are compatible with the College’s mission statement and is an integral component of the College’s strategic planning process and college-wide assessment plan.
The Division also embraces the College’s Core Competencies (STACC) which are aligned with the Division’s Core Competencies. As a result, of course study and program curriculum, students will be able to demonstrate the following core competencies upon completion of each business program:
Social and Civic Responsibility
Demonstrate a legal/ethical behavior that is appropriate for the business professional in today's society.
Demonstrate the ability to use computer technology.
Analytical & Critical Thinking
Analyze, interpret and evaluate data necessary to solve problems and support business decisions.
Communicate effectively in a written or oral manner in the business environment.
Acknowledge diverse groups of individuals possessing different beliefs, values, attitudes, and customs.