Higher Learning Commission
Reaffirmation of Accreditation
HLC site visit is April 20-22, 2015. Once the Team arrives, they will visit the campuses and meet with individuals to determine if what we included in the argument and reports is accurate and if PCCUA meets all criteria for accreditation. The expected date for multi-campus visit is April 22-23, 2015.
PCCUA is an Open Pathway College. HLC Goals for the Open Pathway include:
- To enhance institutional value by opening the improvement aspect of accreditation so that institutions may choose Quality Initiatives to suit their current circumstances
- To reduce the reporting burden on institutions by utilizing as much information and data as possible from existing institutional processes and collecting them in electronic form as they naturally occur over time
- To enhance rigor by checking institutional data annually (Institutional Update) and conducting Assurance Reviews twice in the ten-year cycle
- To integrate as much as possible all HLC processes and HLC requests for data into the reaffirmation of accreditation cycle
The Commission invited PCCUA to participate in the Open Pathway. This invitation was extended based upon several factors:
- We have been accredited over ten years.
- We have had no new major structural or organizational changes in progress.
- We are not under any Commission sanction.
- We have no pending recommendations for a focused visit or other monitoring.
- We have not been undergoing significant change.
- We have not raised significant Commission concerns about circumstances or developments at the institution.
Assessment of Student Learning Academy
PCCUA was part of the Assessment of Student Learning Academy and did not have to participate in an official Quality Improvement Project. However, we refer to our Assessment Academy Project as our QIP.